LFM Solicitation Company Policy
La Familia Movements Solicitation Policy
Effective Date: 06-01-2023
Policy Statement: This policy outlines the guidelines and procedures for solicitation activities conducted by La Familia Movements (LFM). The purpose of this policy is to ensure that all solicitation efforts align with the mission, values, and legal requirements of the Organization, while maintaining ethical standards and respecting the rights and privacy of individuals.
Scope: This policy applies to all group members, volunteers, board members, and authorized representatives of the Organization who engage in solicitation activities on behalf of the Organization.
- Solicitation: The act of seeking donations, funds, or support for the Organization's programs, initiatives, or events.
- Donor: Individuals, corporations, foundations, or other entities that provide financial or in-kind contributions to the Organization.
Guidelines and Procedures:
1. Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations: a. All solicitation activities must comply with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and guidelines governing charitable organizations and fundraising. b. The Organization shall obtain and maintain any necessary permits, licenses, or registrations required for fundraising activities.
2. Mission Alignment: a. Solicitations must align with the mission, vision, and values of the Organization. b. All fundraising efforts should support the Organization's programs, initiatives, and strategic goals.
3. Donor Privacy and Confidentiality: a. Donor information, including contact details, financial contributions, and any other personal data, must be treated with utmost confidentiality and respect. b. Donor information shall only be used for the intended purposes, such as acknowledgment, communication, and receipt of donations. c. The Organization shall comply with applicable privacy laws and regulations when collecting, storing, and using donor information.
4. Truthful and Accurate Representation: a. All solicitation materials, communications, and representations made by the Organization, or its representatives must be truthful, accurate, and not misleading. b. Donors shall be provided with clear information regarding the purpose, programs, and expected impact of their donations.
5. Ethical Fundraising Practices: a. Fundraising activities shall be conducted with honesty, integrity, and transparency. b. Any conflicts of interest that may arise during solicitation activities should be disclosed and appropriately managed. c. Donations shall be used for the intended purposes as communicated to the donors.
6. Donor Acknowledgment and Recognition: a. The Organization shall promptly acknowledge and express gratitude to donors for their contributions. b. Donor recognition and public acknowledgments shall be carried out in accordance with the donor's preferences and applicable legal requirements.
7. Solicitation Training and Documentation: a. The Organization shall provide training to group members, volunteers, and authorized representatives engaged in solicitation activities. b. Records of solicitation activities, including donor communications, contributions, and acknowledgments, should be accurately maintained and securely stored.
8. Review and Compliance: a. This policy shall be periodically reviewed to ensure its effectiveness and relevance. b. Non-compliance with this policy may result in disciplinary action, including termination or legal consequences, as deemed appropriate.
Approval: This solicitation policy has been approved by the La Familia Movements Board of Directors on 06-01-2023. Amendments to this policy require Board approval.
By adhering to this policy, we aim to maintain the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and accountability in all our solicitation activities.
La Familia Movement’s Board of Directors